returning member

Please announce yourselves here when you join
revor

returning member

Post by revor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Hi all returning to R.S.R, after many years away . I have a P3 6 light of 1948 same age as me . I acquired RRE in 1982 after 2 along with a 1959 105 .The P3 was put on the back burner as I worked on rebuilding the 105. Along came my sons cars triumph doly, v.w beetle, mini cooper, humber sceptre.all needing complete rebuilds etc. In the mean time I was collecting a lot of new P3 P4 parts . After 2 knee replacements and retiring 3 years ago . I now feel I am fit enough to complete my first love and promised my self to have it finished by my 70 birthday .So I will no doubt I will be picking your brains.1st one can anyone recommend a machine shop for a re bore and crankshaft grind ( I have new pistons mains and big ends, camshaft etc.) so I might as well use them . I live in south wales (U.K Regards Alan revor

lakesrally

Re: returning member

Post by lakesrally » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:36 pm

I use Lancaster Engines but it's rather a long way from you, I'm sure there will be someone closer.

revor

Re: returning member

Post by revor » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:36 pm

We did have some good ones down here but they have all gone .It will have to be someone with a jig for the splayed block I think ? regards revor