Just Saying Hello!

Please announce yourselves here when you join
Minty

Just Saying Hello!

Post by Minty » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Hello all,

I've just joined the forum and thought I'd say hello - I'm going to have a look at my first pre-war Rover tomorrow - a very original looking '38 Rover-12 saloon, over in Worcester...fingers crossed, it'll be as good and original as the ad's photo's make it look! :)

I live Nr Kettering in East Northants - Now, I'm not new to 'old' cars - having owned (and owning) several, but although I've grown up since early childhood around old & pre-war Rovers, I've never actually taken the plunge and bought one...fingers crossed though - that'll all change tomorrow! ;)

Do any of you guys live anywhere nr Kettering?...I'd love to meet-up and chat 'Rover' over a pint and packet of crisps one evening!

Regards to all...

Guy. :D
Northamptonshire - 'The Rose Of The Shires'

'38 Rover-12, '42 Ford-GPW, '68 Volvo Amazon-123GT, Rover-75 2.5 Contemporary-SE, Range Rover P38 'Westminster' & Range Rover L405 Vogue-SE...

lakesrally

Re: Just Saying Hello!

Post by lakesrally » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:57 am

Welcome, I'm afraid I don't live near you but I'm sure someone local to you will get in touch. Best of luck with the purchase.

Chris C

Post by Chris C » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi, hope you like what you see tomorrow. There is a local RSR pub meet every month at The Lilacs pub in Isham
on the first Tuesday of the month, it starts around 8.00pm Normally in the small room on the right hand side as you
go in through the front door. Ask for Philip Copperwheat or Howard Buchanan.
Chris Cartmell - DVLA Liaison Officer
Rover Sport Register

1939 - Rover 14 Saloon (P2)
1975 - Rover 2200 Saloon (P6)

Minty

Post by Minty » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi guys,

Big thanks for the welcomes gents - their very much appreciated!

It was good news on the Rover front - so I'm now the proud owner of a lovely & very original '38 P2, 12HP Saloon...I must say that I'm really delighted with it too! 8-) obviously, there'll be numerous jobs to do on her...but that's all part of the fun of owning an old-car...I've joined the RSR today too, so that should help...

Chris - I'll make sure I get to the next pub-meet fella...its literally just up the road from me (I'm in Irthlingborough) - maybe I could pop over to you one evening and say hello sometime?

Speak soon...Guy. :)

'38 Rover-12, '42 Ford-GPW, '68 Volvo Amazon-123GT, Rover-75 2.5 Contemporary-SE, Range Rover P38 'Westminster' & Range Rover L405 Vogue-SE...

Chris C

Post by Chris C » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:22 am

Hello Guy Good to hear your success in buying the car, Philip Copperwheat has got a 1938 /12 in his collection of Rovers.
He lives in Kettering, his contact number is 01536 523246 philip.copperwheat@btinternet.com
The group who meet at the Lilacs are a fairly enthusiastic bunch of Rover owners, they will be only too pleased to see you
and of course your car. Philip will be able to let you know if they are organising anything for "Drive it Day" in April.

I don't always get up to the monthly meeting, as living in deepest South Northamptonshire, it's almost a 100 mile round trip.
However, you are very welcome to pay us a visit. We have a local mixed Classic Car pub meeting down here on the 2nd
Thursday in the month, or just give me a call and come down. Tel: 01280 703032 ccartmell@sky.com
Chris Cartmell - DVLA Liaison Officer
Rover Sport Register

1939 - Rover 14 Saloon (P2)
1975 - Rover 2200 Saloon (P6)

Minty

Post by Minty » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry about the slow reply sir - unfortunately I've been really busy over the last few days. :roll:

I'm really chuffed with the Rover - I've done a few little jobs on her now...the largest being the fitment of a set of 'Wayfarer-30' tyres from Vintage Tyres in Beaulieu - to replace those already on the car, as they had quite-literally gone rock-hard and gave an awful ride compared to these new ones...its not surprising though - the newest of the original tyres was made in 1962! :shock:

I've also sourced some of the other little bits & bob's that needed sorting out too, along with some other parts that need to be changed back for originals (ie: headlamp glasses & reflectors) so that's good...

Oh, and I've also made contact with Philip in Kettering and (weather permitting) I'm taking her over to show him on Saturday morning - hopefully he can cast his experienced eye over her and give me a few pointers/ tips on keeping her in fine-fettle...likewise, I'd like to pop down to yours and meet you shortly too...no sugar in my tea sir! ;) :shock: :lol:

Speak again soon...

Kind Regards - Guy.