Rover 12 Tourer owner returning

Please announce yourselves here when you join
TonyG

Rover 12 Tourer owner returning

Post by TonyG » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Hello all at the RSR, my name is Tony Gilbert and I live in Colchester. I was a member of the RSR back in the 1980s when I dismantled the family Rover and began it's restoration. My house is now built and the family grown up so, after a 30 year break, the boxes of bits have been dusted off and the chassis at the back of the garage has been shown the light of day once more. An extensive restoration is required and this has been the focus of my attention since May. Progress to date has been good and I am hoping to get some paint on the body before the winter, allowing me to get the engine running so I don't have to push it about quite so much! I have been greatly inspired by other RSR members such as Jim Paling and James Taylor who I met at Bressingham and also David Moseley who I met up with yesterday at an event in Suffolk and who kindly allowed me to take extensive pictures of his lovely 12 Tourer. David's car, COA 550, was owned by my late father back in the 50s so it was wonderful to discover through the RSR that it was still around and in fine condition. My car, TL 6200, was built very late in 1936 and registered in 1937. My intention is to have it on the road for its 80th birthday - not sure which one yet but I'm aiming for next year!
Tony Gilbert

P1 12 Tourer
P2 12 6 Light Saloon
Discovery 3
Discovery Sport

47p2

Re: Rover 12 Tourer owner returning

Post by 47p2 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:05 am

Welcome Tony, sounds like you're going to be busy. Some pictures of your progress on the forum would be great