NEW MEMBER - Rover 12 Tourer

Please announce yourselves here when you join
carmadab

NEW MEMBER - Rover 12 Tourer

Post by carmadab » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello fellow Rover enthusiasts!

I recently acquired a beautiful 1947 12 Tourer and am currently "exploring" the vehicle, finding out how things work etc. I have a "1947 Rover Models Instruction Manual" which is packed with useful information, however it contains no instructions about lowering and stowing the soft-top. Are there any "Tourer" owners out there who can provide some guidelines? I don't want to risk damaging anything by operating the roof without proper instructions and also I'm not sure whether a rear body panel lifts up in order to stow the roof? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

apkok

Re: NEW MEMBER - Rover 12 Tourer

Post by apkok » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Sorry, I can't help you with the information you're after but welcome to the site. No doubt someone with DHC experience will enlighten you. Hope you really enjoy your new car.

carmadab

Post by carmadab » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Many thanks, I managed to find out from a contact in the yearbook!

SteveM2

Post by SteveM2 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Welcome to the forum and to tourers! In general the factory documentation does not cover the post war tourers, except the parts manual which lists tourer parts, but does not have diagrams of any tourer parts.

You are correct that the rear tonneau panel above the boot lid lifts to give access to the area to stow the hood. There are two small trim panels that must be unlatched and hinged toward the inside of the car before the tonneau will lift. These are located behind each door above the rear seat armrests. These panels have latches that turn 90 degrees using the "T" shaped tool in the tool tray.

There should be a row of tenax fasteners along the rear of the hood; these are hidden until the tonneau is lifted past the flap along the rear edge of the hood. Undo these fasteners before lowering the hood. It will take some trial and error to find the right folding arrangement to actually persuade the hood to fit in the area below the tonneau.

Post some photos your car if you get a chance; I'm helping my father with restoration of his 1947 tourer, #147.

Steve Manwell

carmadab

Post by carmadab » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Many thanks, I managed to find out by phoning an RSR member but your written instructions were spot on! Good luck with your restoration, mine is number 145.

talbotracer

Post by talbotracer » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:41 pm

hello
i know this is a while ago but i have had a Tourer since 1977, i have started to log as many cars as i can
will you tell me the registration of your car?
pete giles