models remaining

P3Steve

models remaining

Post by P3Steve » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Here is a copy of a mail from the practical classics forum on an on going discussion on the remaining numbers of vehicles of a particular model. I've already sent off a request to the web site shown below for information on the P3 both 60 and 75 models both taxed and on SORN

by daimlersov » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:49 am

Do you know what, I posted this topic nearly two months ago, and I'm shocked by the lack of response or reply by anybody at Practical Classics. They have held onto this data for such a long time, and to be honest could have shared it with it's readers who have kept the magazine alive.

Well unfortunately PC, you have missed the boat. No longer will you keep this information to yourselves. We will get it ourselves. As I said in my original post I would like to know how many Daimler Sovereign Series 1 2.8's are left. The answer is 6 on the road and 3 on SORN.

You can access this info for free by submitting a Freedom Of Information Act request with the DVLA. You can email them via the site : www.whatdotheyknow.com. They will reply within a week or so.
Previously anybody asking would have hit the "cost is over £600, so we are not obliged to give out information" loophole. But now the DVLA have implemented a new IT system, meaning that extracting this kid of data is a lot easier and therefore cheaper for them. Mention that you know about this in your email.

Be specific in your make and model descriptions, quoting vin/chassis number ranges wherever possible to maximise accurate results.

If you can, could you please let us know your results here from what make and model you request, so we can share this information.

I have also found another site which gives data from 2007 MOT passes to give people a better idea of how many cars of their type are left. http://www.motdatabase.co.uk/

Practical Classics you missed the boat. Your endangered species information isn't as valuable as it once was. You should have shared it with your readers.

Phil - Nottingham

Re: models remaining

Post by Phil - Nottingham » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Interesting - I have susbcribed to PC for owvr 20 years and wonder what use it has these days.

Thanks for sharing this information
P2/P4/P5/P5B/LR's - EXJ 8**/2**8MY & others

P3Steve

Post by P3Steve » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 am

Just had the results back for the search for how many 1948/49 Rover P3's remain. Still trying to figure but It seems that as on 22 August 2010 (date they quoted) there are 17 P3 four cylinder 60 models on the road and 3 on SORN making a total of 20 four cylinder cars and 49 P3 six cylinder 75 nodels on the road and 34 on SORN making a total of 83 six cylinder cars making the overall total 103 P3's which is not bad for a car only made for only 18 months and is now over sixty years old. I think I've read it right but when they listed the cars they didn't say which was the Sorn or taxed cars but I'm sure there is more than 3 P3 4 cylinder models still on the road so that must make the 3 the SORN vehicles if so then the rest of the figures are right, it could be the other wau round but either way the over all total seems to be 66 cars of both on the road (taxed) and 37 on SORN making the total as above 103. maybe some one on here can let me know which way round is correct

Rubythursday

Post by Rubythursday » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:46 pm

There were 2 P3 60s, 1 a saloon and 1 sports saloon in York up till last month, the sallon has gone down south. So there 2 of the 3 sorned!
Tony
1948 Rover 75, 1987 Range Rover Auto, 1987 Volvo 240 Auto 1999 Rover 75 Connoisseur Auto
http://www.tonysimons.me.uk

P3Steve

Post by P3Steve » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:56 pm

As I said it could be the other way round and there are only 3 P3 60's on the road and 17 on SORN and this dosnt take into account vehicles that might have been scraped or broken for parts but still decleared SORN and also vehicles that have been off the road long enough to not be on the new systom (Barn finds etc) its only ever going to be a general figure at the end of the day. Would be interesting to know how this tallies with the clubs figures though