Logging in

47p2

Logging in

Post by 47p2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:02 am

Not sure if it's me or a problem with the forum but every time I come onto the forum I have to login, even though I tick the box to stay logged in. I've tried clearing cookies but still no luck.
I have a new computer but this is the only forum this happens on, is anyone else having problems?

richard moss

Re: Logging in

Post by richard moss » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:49 am

Same here - although at least Firefox remembers my login details.
1990 827 Sterling manual
1990 Jaguar Sovereign 4 Litre on LPG
1969 MGC GT (currently hibernating)

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Post by Forum Admin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:49 pm

I have made some config changes to the cookies section, let me know if it's made any difference.
Forum administrator

andrewmcg

Post by andrewmcg » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Since the revamped forum I also have exactly the same problem logging on as you John - but Safari remembers and fills my details in for me, similar to Firefox with Richard.

Paul has logging in procedure changed on the new forum ???

Regards to all

Andrew

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Forum Admin wrote:I have made some config changes to the cookies section, let me know if it's made any difference.
Whatever you have done seems to be working for me....Well done

Andrew, I am also using Safari, it takes a little getting used to but I like it

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Post by Forum Admin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Lets hope thats it. when we changed servers we also changed the version of the forum software and have since then gone through another upgrade. All this caused a few glitches but hopefully we have caught them all now. If not let me know.

Paul
Forum administrator

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:30 pm

My computer has been shut down and restarted since my last post and when I came back onto the forum everything was working

Thank you for sorting that out :D

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:08 pm

I've had real trouble getting on this morning. Until today I have just gone in automatically, but today it has asked me to sign in. I've done that, and it has claimed that I logged in successfully, but then returned me to the index page as a non logged in user...despite the fact that I could see I was logged in according to the list at the bottom. When attempting to reply to a post it then asked me to sign in again, and several times claimed I was using the wrong password, so I then couldn't post.

It has finally recognised me and let me in, hence this post... not sure I dare drop out again now!

Regards
Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Post by Forum Admin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry to hear you are having trouble Paul, can you try one thing if you havent already, can you delete all your cookies in the cache of your browser and then try.

The recent change I made was to change the format of the cookies that the forum stores on your computer, this may not match what you already have.

Let me know if you have any further problems
Forum administrator

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks Paul,
thought I probably ougth to do that, but hadn't when I sent the message. I've deleted those which are clearly for the RSR forum now, and it at least seems to let me in OK again now. Will let you know if I have further problems.
Regards
Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.