37 P2 Doors

nigel.h

37 P2 Doors

Post by nigel.h » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Everybody,Can anyone supply pictures or info on the rear door restraining straps and how they are fixed?Mine have been hacked off and a couple of thin temporary ones popriveted in place!Also a source of supply for new ones.Is there an exterior rubber seal on top of the bottom window aperture between the door skin and the glass,if so all four are missing.I also need to replace the door cards which are currently delaminated 3mm ply ,is there a more suitable material out there,Millboard for example?Regards Nigel.H.

Phil - Nottingham

Re: 37 P2 Doors

Post by Phil - Nottingham » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:35 pm

You have posted in wrong place! :oops:

However my P2 being a 39 slaoon is probably not identical but the straps are just flat steel bar shaped into curved section and bolted to other half which has just a L turn up for inside door post as pushes inside as door closes. Door post has 2 L tabs to bolt through too - really primitive but very effective. No pics at present though

Ply is the best stuff by far for backing trim but standard hardboard will do - coat with watered down PVA to waterproof

Do not undestand question as to door seal - any pics
P2/P4/P5/P5B/LR's - EXJ 8**/2**8MY & others

nigel.h

Post by nigel.h » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Sorry about being in the wrong place,I am more used to forums with a Technical questions area.Perhaps you could tell me where I should be?I have sourced a supply of 3mm marine ply.The door restraints on my car are 38mm wide leather and were fixed at the C post by 2x2ba screws,the door side is missing so don't know how it is checked.Perhaps a new chapter in the otherwise excellent workshop manual on interior trim would be useful.Regards Nigel.

Phil - Nottingham

Post by Phil - Nottingham » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

P2 section?

Millboard is too flexible - have you got holes in the door posts just above arched section for stays to slide into?

No rubbers in my door window sills - has thin furry strip (what left of it)

Suggest you attend car rallies and look at the old Rovers as there are often a selection at most but plenty at an RSR one of course
P2/P4/P5/P5B/LR's - EXJ 8**/2**8MY & others