1949 P3 Sports saloon

Guy Worrall

1949 P3 Sports saloon

Post by Guy Worrall » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:39 pm

I have owned and enjoyed my P3 for six years now and during this time I have sympathetically updated the car to make her more drivable and able to cruise on motorways this I have successfully achieved by upgrading the engine with a P4 75 unit from 1954 with twin S U carbs which has given me much better fuel consumption up to 26/28 on a run unheard of with the original carb set up I also up rated the differential going from the standard 4.7 to a Range Rover 3.54 this now allows the car to keep up with the usual motorway traffic with no ill effects never overheats or causes any other problems even with the increased performance the standard brakes have not been found lacking in fact they are excellent the car other than these upgrades is standard and has the lever arm shocks which have never caused me trouble the only other upgrade is the car runs on radial tyres I look forward to a new year of using Rosie for shows and events around the regions my thanks go to my best mate Dave Dudley -Toole who helped with all Rosie's modifications and without his skills would still have been just ideas thanks mate

Dirkco

Re: 1949 P3 Sports saloon

Post by Dirkco » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:12 am

Hello Guy,

Glad to see you are on the RSR forum!

Now I am hoping you will get Jill down and get your passports for my ralley in June and drive my P3 and let me know what you think!
And yes we would all be worse off if it were not for Dave.

Happy New Year
Dirk

Guy Worrall

Post by Guy Worrall » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 am

Hope all is well with you and the family and you had a good Christmas and new year the weather has been very cold so the P£ is sitting in my warm garage and has only been out for one run round the block when the sun came out my next task is to have the speedo re calibrated and the clock overhauled at the same time and possibly upgraded to a modern quarts movement I have read the notes as to what information to send with the speedo so will enlist the help of the wife to count the wheel revolutions and see what happens hows your P3 Dirk further progress or not

Dirkco

Post by Dirkco » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:48 am

Hi Guy,

The P3 is going fairly well. I have been pretty good about working on it most weekends. She is in paint now most of the engine bay is done and I recieved the new wiring harness from Autosparks just before Christmas. I have all the glass back in and I changed the diff to a 3.94 from a P5. I hope to have her fininshed before the end of February just detail work and the interior to go. Oh and Dave will have the steering box soon and that will be it. Then back to the P5 Saloon.

So what is going to take to get you and Jill over in June?

Hope you had a great holiday
Dirk
my email is dirk@vy-tek.com" target="_blank

Guy Worrall

Post by Guy Worrall » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Dirk the problem we have is no passports and two poss three dogs to consider and a limited fund fortravelling need i say more