Engine Stand

ChrisHallard

Engine Stand

Post by ChrisHallard » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:14 pm

Good evening - I’m about to remove the engine (for a rebuild) from my 1935 14hp (6 cylinder). I have limited space in my garage and am thinking of investing in an engine stand. Does anyone have a recommendation? I’m in the UK

Chris

RobHomewood

Re: Engine Stand

Post by RobHomewood » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:18 am

Hi Chris
I think a fully usable engine stand ie one that you can run up the engine on - is very hard to find in the UK if not impossible. I did identify one in the US but it was expensive and the shipping even more so and not guaranteed either. So I designed one from hollow section steel and spent quite a time making it both adjustable for different engines and demountable. However I cant weld and am not an engineer and the traditional engineer who I was relying on to make up the prototype went and retired so the project was aborted.
There are several engine stands in the UK which dont allow for the engine to run (I checked lots of them) and they look perfectly good for just holding the engine whilst you work on them. I would avoid the ones without substantial locking wheels as you will want to move the engine around I am sure.
Good Luck in your search
Rob