Sunroof for a P2

parthmehd

Sunroof for a P2

Post by parthmehd » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:15 pm

Hello from India ! I have a 1947 Rover P2 16hp Sports Saloon that we are in the process of restoring. I bought the car from it's original owner who stayed in the seaside city of Mumbai and consequently rust was an issue. We have managed to go through most of the bodywork with the aid of a very skilled metal craftsman, but the sunroof design has proved to be a massive challenge.

The thing is, in place of the sunroof, I have 2 metal plates, one fixed and one sliding under it. No portion of the original design seems to have survived and consequently we have absolutely nothing to work on.

It would be fantastic if I could get some good pictures of the design of the sunroof. Also, some details on how the sunroof is made and what materials are used would be extremely helpful.

Parth

luli

Re: Sunroof for a P2

Post by luli » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Get the RSR workshop manual and there is a whole chapter dedicated to it. At the same time also get the spare parts list which will be extremely useful in the restoration.
Rover 10 1946 RHD
Rover 10 1947 LHD
Rover 12 1947 tourer LHD
http://lulisml.wordpress.com/

parthmehd

Re: Sunroof for a P2

Post by parthmehd » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:48 am

Thanks a lot for the tip. I will most certainly do that.

Any chance anyone here has some pictures they can post ? These would be a great help !

Parth