Mystery vintage / veteran Rover badge

Like a good wine, vintage Rovers need appreciating
p2roverman

Mystery vintage / veteran Rover badge

Post by p2roverman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:43 pm

One of our members has recently been shown (in Australia) this brass badge and asked if I can identify the use or location of it on a car. It is 6.5" x1,5", 1/8" thick.
It has me stumped but hopefully someone has seen a similar one on a car. Please help.
Mike Evans

Now the difficult bit, uploading a photo! I don't seem to be able to do this, so am stuck. Advice would be welcome, alternatively I can send directly to anyone who can tell me their email address.

p2roverman

Re: Mystery vintage / veteran Rover badge

Post by p2roverman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Having read the forum instructions on how to post photos,the photo of the badge is now posted on Ipernity (www.ipernity.com) with the rest of my photos - I am p2roverman there. I don't like photobucket, and although I posted previously on flickr as p2roverman, since yahoo bought it and made awful changes to the way it operates i now very rarely use it. I also have 'Rover Cars' group in Ipernity, to which all Rover car enthusiasts are invited to add their photos.
Mike

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:05 am

The very same badge has already been posted on the forum Mike, and as yet there have been no answers to what it is from

Original post was by dsb57 on May 26th and can be seen here

p2roverman

Post by p2roverman » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Just found the other post. It was David Botting who asked me to post it for him.
I'm still no nearer thinking where this badge may have originally been fitted, but it could be only on certain exported models. We know that the 10/25 had an additional badge "English Rover" mounted on the radiator. I have one and have seen several period photos of this badge in position, so this item could have been fitted to an approx pre-1920 Rover where generally the marque name did not appear on the front of the car. Must check more early photos.
Mike

Dirkco

Post by Dirkco » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Hello Mike and All,

I have the same badge fitted to the valve cover on my Australian imported Rover 9. I was told that some 9s were built in Australia and that mine may have been one of those.

I will try and post a picture before I leave for the UK for the national!

Best
Dirk in the States