Has anyone been out for a drive

Like a good wine, vintage Rovers need appreciating
Jon Eardley

Has anyone been out for a drive

Post by Jon Eardley » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:45 pm

I went into the garage this morning to give the 9/20 the once over and could not resist taking her out for a run. The roads were dry but it was cold (at least freezing), however we managed to do about 10 miles and it felt great.
Has anyone else taken their car out over the last week and is anyone planning a drive out during the new year?
We are taking the car to the vintage car meet at the Royal Oak in Much Marcle on new years day so might see some of you there.

47p2

Re: Has anyone been out for a drive

Post by 47p2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:19 pm

The P2 is tucked away in the heated garage for the winter. The local council like to overload our roads with salt up here and it would not be a good idea to take the P2 out.

I was however out in the Range Rover today and clocked up over 100 miles. It has been sitting in my back yard for the past 6 months doing nothing as it had a corroded fuel line which of which I never had the time to repair. It was repaired last Wednesday and for the past few days the Range Rover has been the chosen vehicle to which it has behaved impecably. I just hope it keeps going so well as the MOT is due in a few weeks (one of the reasons I started using it again)

Phil - Nottingham

Re: Has anyone been out for a drive

Post by Phil - Nottingham » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:43 pm

Finally started up our P2 on Sunday - must have last started at end of August but after priming teh mechanical fuel pump with its lever and tickling the carb fired on second go and idled smoothly after 3rd on full hand throttle with choke all the way in

Decided to take to round the block to warm it up fully till the thermostat opened and it was nice to travel in it again
P2/P4/P5/P5B/LR's - EXJ 8**/2**8MY & others