P4 . 75 . 1958 & Twelve P2 Tourer 1948

Please announce yourselves here when you join
ThomasMoRo

P4 . 75 . 1958 & Twelve P2 Tourer 1948

Post by ThomasMoRo » Mon May 06, 2024 11:28 am

Hello,

I am a new member and come from Germany.

For the last 15 years I have driven Triumph TR4A, but now I have discovered the Rover vehicles for me and bought a P4 . 75 from 1958 (848 URE) at the turn of the year.

Whilst getting to know the great Rover models better, I discovered the RSR offer from Lisa & John Parker for the sale of their P2 Tourer JPO 848 and came to an agreement with them.

The vehicle is to be brought from England to Germany next week.

Then I have to register it here. Then I'm sure there will be lots more questions for you.

Greetings
Thomas
Rover P4 . 75 . 1958 & Rover Twelve P2 Tourer 1948

David2021

Re: P4 . 75 . 1958 & Twelve P2 Tourer 1948

Post by David2021 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:54 pm

Welcome to the club!
My experience in Germany a couple of years ago in June/July with my 12 tourer (#110) was very good…apart from two flat tyres, which was really my fault (long story involving old inner tubes).
I cruised happily at a genuine 60mph on the Autobahnen with a bit of speed in hand. Of course good rear view mirrors are helpful 😀. I have a really good radiator and had no problem with overheating. My electric fuel pump is under the bonnet and the heat shield worked as I also had no problem with fuel vaporisation. Oil pressure using a 20/60 formulated (apparently) for white metal bearing engines, remained good at all times. The car is, however, happier cruising on the main roads, though, and is not bothered by hills… it pulls well and just “keeps going” You won’t break any hillclimb records though!
Unfortunately I won’t be bringing the Rover to Germany this year..it is the turn of the (modern!) 1956 MG ZA Magnette visiting the Rheinland Pfalz for the International Magnette gathering at the end of June otherwise we might have been able to have them meet together!
Enjoy your beautiful tourer, she looks lovely
David Harrison

ThomasMoRo

Re: P4 . 75 . 1958 & Twelve P2 Tourer 1948

Post by ThomasMoRo » Thu May 09, 2024 2:55 pm

David2021 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:54 pm
Welcome to the club!
My experience in Germany a couple of years ago in June/July with my 12 tourer (#110) was very good…apart from two flat tyres, which was really my fault (long story involving old inner tubes).
I cruised happily at a genuine 60mph on the Autobahnen with a bit of speed in hand. Of course good rear view mirrors are helpful 😀. I have a really good radiator and had no problem with overheating. My electric fuel pump is under the bonnet and the heat shield worked as I also had no problem with fuel vaporisation. Oil pressure using a 20/60 formulated (apparently) for white metal bearing engines, remained good at all times. The car is, however, happier cruising on the main roads, though, and is not bothered by hills… it pulls well and just “keeps going” You won’t break any hillclimb records though!
Unfortunately I won’t be bringing the Rover to Germany this year..it is the turn of the (modern!) 1956 MG ZA Magnette visiting the Rheinland Pfalz for the International Magnette gathering at the end of June otherwise we might have been able to have them meet together!
Enjoy your beautiful tourer, she looks lovely
David Harrison
Many thanks, David.

Maybe we'll see each other somewhere in Germany...

Kind regards
Thomas
Rover P4 . 75 . 1958 & Rover Twelve P2 Tourer 1948