Re Joined

Please announce yourselves here when you join
benironhorse

Re Joined

Post by benironhorse » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:49 pm

Compliments of The Season

I've recently re-joined the register after a lapse of a few years. After purchasing my P3 75 I became sidetracked and completed the restoration of a 1982 Mercedes 500SL. Attention has now returned to the P3 and to date the bodyshell /doors/wings and associated panels are in the process of being brought back to life . I intend completing all the panel and paint work myself,.
The green interior has seen better days although I plan to retain the original leather seats with some local repairs .Any recommendations on sources of materials for the front seat rear panels which are pretty moth eaten (green moquette/velour?)and door card coverings would be greatly appreciated.

Luckily the majority of the larger chrome plated items are in reasonable condition but a number of the "Mazak" handles and winders may be too pitted to re chrome. The previous owner appears to have completed a fairly extensive mechanical rebuild with new rad and stainless exhaust .The wiring loom is no longer an entity and eventually will be replaced .

In summary a total rebuild ! Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated ,if any member is passing through North Herefordshire ,please feel free to call in and provide some inspiration !

Ben Hiley, Bromyard, Herefordshire HR7 4QJ
Tel 07814 215 881