Rover Maestro Van & Rover 600 GSDi & 800si

Please announce yourselves here when you join
AA Rover Maestro van

Rover Maestro Van & Rover 600 GSDi & 800si

Post by AA Rover Maestro van » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi to you all
l own & run three rovers 1, M reg Ex AA Rover Maestro van,Fully Restored Which can be seen at shows in the southeast March to october, Search Google AA Maestro Van Photo To View. My daily drive is a Rover 600 gsdi,which i have had for about 4 years now,l love the car but not its electrics!. My other car is a 97 Rover 820Si Hatch Which again i think its just great & so roomy. Cheers for now Caroline

Paul Gregory

Re: Rover Maestro Van & Rover 600 GSDi & 800si

Post by Paul Gregory » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi Caroline,
Welcome to the Forum. It is good to hear of someone enjoying the Rhonda era Rovers. It seems the 600 is starting to get a small following now. I used to run an 827 Sterling for a while, so can understand your comments about the space in the 800. When I bought the 827 I did briefly look at 600's at the time but wasn't able to find anything suitable so went for the big floaty thing instead. I have to admit that I am however a die-hard 75 enthusiast, so can't see me going back to the Rhonda period. I do however hope that people will continue to enjoy them and keep some around for years to come.
The RSR does have some Rover dealer workshop manuals etc covering all of your vehicles within the Post '50 library, so let me know if you need any info from them, though I suspect from your post you are already fairly familiar with your vehicles 'features'!

Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

ralphg

Post by ralphg » Tue May 01, 2012 1:38 pm

At the weekend I will be looking at another AA van from the same batch as this van.

AA Rover Maestro van

Post by AA Rover Maestro van » Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello Ralph
The van your going to see is it black & in torbay. If so i know the one your on about. It needs a lot of work.
Caroline.

ralphg

Post by ralphg » Tue May 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Yes, it's white with a black front end - it has been chavved a bit. I intend on returning it to standard spec & maybe even back to AA colours.

ralphg

Post by ralphg » Wed May 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Due to a cock up by Footman James I did not buy this vehicle. Prior to considering buying the Rover Maestro van I rang around various places to get insurance quotes. FJ came up with a very low quote, which made the purchase a viable proposition. When I rang back to take them up on the quote they refused to honour the quote and then refused to insure the van at all, as it is less than 20 years old. They had all the necessary information when I initially rang. Not at all amused by their incompetence!

Luckily, someone else stepped in at the last minute to save this van from being cubed. The van now has a new MOT.