Newbie enters thegere room

Please announce yourselves here when you join
richardmcguire

Newbie enters thegere room

Post by richardmcguire » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Good evening,

Just popping in to say hello and start the beginning of a long walk though history.

In the next few months i shall have 2 rovers transported from Cornwall to West sussex

the first is a rover 10 reg number EPX246 Chasis number 981149 engine number 902852
the second is a rover 14 reg number FXJ782 Chasis number 912787 engine number 913264

both are going to need a lot of love a care to bring them back to life, which the good lady has given me the permission to spend upto the next four years to do the cars justice.

both have been stored in the same garage for about 20 years give or take a year or two in which the roof leaked which has done quite some damage to both on one the rear of the car took the water damage and on the other the front took the damage.

i have inflated the tyres and they have all held the air for 3 months now which is a good sign i cant tell if the hand brake is on, on either car as i am not allowed to touch them too much at the moment as i may get to excited and do too much before i transport them to there new home, plus i got to finish the car in the garage at the moment before i go get them.

if there is any advice for strapping the cars on the transporter i would be most greatful as i cant decide the best option to go for, at the moment i am thinking of wheel strap to keep cars in place them using tarps for keeping the body under wraps to keep wind damage to a minimum, so i thimk my problem will be keeping the tarps in place and not damaging the car in the process with straps would rope be a better option with tarps ?

richard

ps i do have some pics but i have to get them off my kindle first

Phil - Nottingham

Re: Newbie enters thegere room

Post by Phil - Nottingham » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Great post some photos
P2/P4/P5/P5B/LR's - EXJ 8**/2**8MY & others