Problems logging on

lakesrally

Problems logging on

Post by lakesrally » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Is it just me having problems with the forum? I log on, it tells me I am logged on at the bottom of the Board index page but I am not seeing all the correct options, like view unread messages, and when I try to post messages it takes me back to the login screen telling me I need to log on. This is becoming really frustrating but it may simply have something to do with the slow internet connection over the satellite link from offshore if it is not affecting anyone else.

andrewmcg

Re: Problems logging on

Post by andrewmcg » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Stewart

I am not having any problems, I am permanently logged on and as soon as I go to the website and go to option 'new posts' and away we go.
Trust you can sort it out soon.

Best regards
Andrew

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi Stewart,
As with Andrew I am not having any problems at all. I guess it could be your satellite link or alternatively it might be a Cookie issue - I had something similar at one point I seem to recall. Might be worth clearing all of your RSR Forum related cookies and then re-connecting.
Regards
Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Cheers Paul & Andrew, I've tried deleting all the cookies and will see what happens for the rest of this evening. Home tomorrow so will see if everything is ok there.

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:53 pm

It's still happening, I'll just have to see what things are like at home.

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm

It's still happening and I'm now at home. Different PC, different browser but same thing happening.

paul williams

Post by paul williams » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm

Stewart,

a couple of things to try, at the bottom of the forum page there is an option 'Delete all board cookies' try doing this, you can also delete all forum cookies in your browser from the tools menu, however if you are having the problem on different computers it is unlikely to be this. Although the pcs are diferent, are you using the same browser, if you havent got it try using Google Chrome. If the problem persists let me know

Paul

Paul Williams
1929 2litre Saloon
1934 P1 10HP
1951 Rover Cyclops
1974 P6 3500
1998 LR Discovery I

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 am

I now have to log in every time I come onto the forum even though I tick the stay logged in box

andrewmcg

Post by andrewmcg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes I have to also despite ticking the 'stay logged in box' . Paul have things changed re logging on ??? appreciate your comments

Regards
Andrew

paul williams

Post by paul williams » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi every one,

This is a problem with cookies, how I hate them! There are a few things to do to make sure it works. I have made a couple of adjustments about cookie persistence which may help some browsers. I know it doesn't help 'but it works for me'

1 Clear cookies from browser
2 After looging in click 'Delete Board Cookies" at the bottom of the index page of the forum
3 If neccessary log in again
4 Make sure you select 'log me in automatically'

that should do it, however please remember the following:

When you click logout the cookie is normally destroyed and you have to login again next visit. To persist your login cookie simply exit the browser without logging out.

or--
"To be logged in automatically next visit, DO NOT log out when leaving."

See you in Blackpool

Paul

Paul Williams
1929 2litre Saloon
1934 P1 10HP
1951 Rover Cyclops
1974 P6 3500
1998 LR Discovery I