rover 12 tourer 1947

talbotracer

rover 12 tourer 1947

Post by talbotracer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:26 pm

many years ago i was give some info on chassis numbers and registrations of the then known 12 Tourer. the chap was going to write a book
as i have had one for nearly 40 years and have been a big Rover collection for many years i thought as i have heard no more from this idea i would start to see how many i can find
so far i have 50 different cars from internet searches and several other from the original list

if you have one that is not on the list or pictured on the net i would be interested in a picture

this is not for financial gain just for my own interest

i had another Tourer in the 80's here in cornwall and i walked into a garage the other day up in the midlands and it was the same car

pete giles

TonyG

Re: rover 12 tourer 1947

Post by TonyG » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:46 pm

Pete,

Are you looking to compile information about post war 12 Tourers, of the sort you have, or pre-war 12 Tourers as well? Also, you are asking for cars that are not on 'the original list', but I can't see a link to this list so it's rather hard to say if my pre-war Tourer is on it or not!

I'm more than happy to provide pictures and information about my car if it fits with what you are looking for. However, to save you time, a scan through the membership list will give you details of all the cars that the club members have.

Sounds like an interesting project and great if you can capture pictures and information/history about these lovely old cars.

Tony.
Tony Gilbert

P1 12 Tourer
P2 12 6 Light Saloon
Discovery 3
Discovery Sport

p2roverman

Re: rover 12 tourer 1947

Post by p2roverman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Rare when current as only 200 built, they are now the most common of all P2 Rovers with three quarters of production extant. I believe Mike Couldry has a record of those cars, or at least those known to him and the RSR, so the excersise has already been done. However, it's always worth checking that Mike C is aware of your car.