Range Rover L322

47p2

Range Rover L322

Post by 47p2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:46 pm

I went out for a spin today to see how the L322 compared to the Classic and I have to say that it stood up well against it's predecessor

47p2

Re: Range Rover L322

Post by 47p2 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:38 pm

I went to visit my daughter for a couple of days. She stays about 15 miles north of Fort William on the banks of the Caledonian Canal. Sadly the west coast has missed most of the snow but never the less the scenery was pretty spectacular driving north from Glasgow along the banks of Loch Lomond and through Glen Coe. Temperatures managed to go as low as -11 last night although I believe it has to get colder as the week goes on.

Ben Lomond

The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond

Looking south bound A82 Crianlarich

Crianlarich to Tyndrum

Soup break at the Green Wellie Stop

Out onto the Rannoch Moor where the snow was a bit disappointing but the scenery spectacular

Ballachulish Bridge

View from Daughters house

Went a walk yesterday along the canal

The dog doesn't pose for photos, if I point the camera he looks away so I was pleased to get this shot

Typical Akita ignoring his owner

Heading back today and the sun was out

When I arrived home there was more snow here than there was up the west coast

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:17 pm

Yesterday I decided to take SWMBO into her work. The gridlock was so bad that I did 3 miles in 3 hours and we ended up back at the house.

The Range Rover was awesome in the snow, I was passing cars that were stuck on hills no problem, I'm impressed :thumb:

Today I took SWMBO to work today and took some pictures. Temperatures were as low as -11 at mid-day

M80 at Provanmill southbound

Kingston Bridge

M77 south bound

A77 south bound

B764 Eaglesham Moor Road

Whitelee Wind Farm

Dunwan Dam (frozen over)

Overlooking Eaglesham & Glasgow from above the Picketlaw

Waterfoot

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Some great pictures there John. It is good to know that the more recent LR products can still do their stuff - looks like a really nice RR you have got. Have to say that I am glad that I finished replacing the rear crossmember on my LR 90 CSW last month - I missed having an LR on the road last winter!
Look forward to some more snow pictures when you dare to venture out again!
Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Now that the snow has gone for a brief period it was time to clean the Range Rover.....

Yesterday I decided to make a start on getting the Range Rover cleaned up and after a wash it went inside to be dried. The bottom half of the car was covered in grot from the salt that has been spread on the roads so I set about removing it then made a start on removing the swirls from the roof (never been polished before by the look of things....I also gave the underside around the wheel arches a good clean to remove the salt.

The roof was cut by machine with Farecla G3, then my favourite A Grade Polish before giving it and the rest of the paintwork 2 coats of Jetseal109

In typical fashion I had to go out today and used the Range Rover so that meant giving it a quick wash on my return and the opportunity of a few outdoor pictures

Freewheel

Post by Freewheel » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Do you still have this one John?
Paul H. - '49 'Speed' 75; '55 90

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:41 am

Yes I do Paul

Freewheel

Post by Freewheel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:10 am

I won't mention my Series 3 Land Rover then ...

BTW - Some of your pix are truly wonderful. This one - especially the leeward cloud formations...
Of course being there at the right time is everything ... as well as remembering the camera [and charged battery!].

Paul H. - '49 'Speed' 75; '55 90