P3 75 Wiring Loom

benironhorse

P3 75 Wiring Loom

Post by benironhorse » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:19 pm

I'm in the process of removing and replacing the original wiring harness. Several members appear to have used and recommend Autosparks .I intend fitting discreet indicators in parallel to the trafficators ,any hints will be welcome.

Electrics are not my strong point can anyone recommend an "old school "auto electrician in the Herefordshire/Worcester area?

Chris C

Re: P3 75 Wiring Loom

Post by Chris C » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:16 pm

There is a suggest way and wiring diagram of how to fit Indicators to P2/3 in the new RSR Workshop Manual,
think it is also in the previous version of the manual.

I changed the loom on my 1939 P2 a couple of years ago, Autosparks are good, everything fitted very well.
I started at the rear of the car and worked my way forward threading the loom along the chassis, then fitted
the front section of the loom, then the fly loom for the dash board, then the one that goes up the A pillar to
the indicators and interior light. The main wiring diagram in the RSR Workshop Manual was very useful when
fitting the looms. I also fitted a battery master switch on the rear seat bulkhead next to the battery and
replaced the main starter cable and earth cable. Once everything was installed, I made a temporary fuse
link cable and fitted it in between the battery and main cable to starter, put a low Amp fuse in it and then
started testing the various electrical circuits. Side lights, then side & headlights, fog light, then brake lights,
then the wiper on and off, horn, indicators, interior light, dashboard lights. Once everything checked out,
then start to turn everything on. Fingers crossed, if you've got it right, then you don't blow a fuse. If the fuse
blows, then hopefully you won't burn any of the new loom out. Then remove the fuse link and reconnect the
battery. Autosparks fitted 2 extra lots of cables into the loom, one for an additional raised brake light in rear
window and extra cables to front loom for a 12v power socket. These were free of charge from Autosparks.
Chris Cartmell - DVLA Liaison Officer
Rover Sport Register

1939 - Rover 14 Saloon (P2)
1975 - Rover 2200 Saloon (P6)