Windscreen seal

trevor

Windscreen seal

Post by trevor » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi All,
Continuing the saga of the windscreen on the "75" that I am restoring. I have now split the windscreen surround and had it re-chromed and purchased the seal that fits into the surround from Mike Couldry, all OK so far. Now the tricky bit - when I offer the assy. into position there is a 1/2" ish gap between the surround and the car body. Mike assures me that there should be another seal between the surround and the body but he dosn't stock it. Does anybody know if this seal is available anywhere or what it's dimensions / construction is etc
Trevor

luli

Re: Windscreen seal

Post by luli » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Rover 10 1946 RHD
Rover 10 1947 LHD
Rover 12 1947 tourer LHD
http://lulisml.wordpress.com/

trevor

Post by trevor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:58 am

Hi luli,
Thanks for that, I have contacted Scotts but unfortunately they don't stock this seal.
I am still struggling, does anybody else have any ideas?
Trevor

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:28 pm

You could try Peter Vernon at www.vikingextrusions.co.uk, as the name suggests he used to be a Rover owner. He made a windscreen seal for my 16/50 from a short sample three years ago. He is very friendly and helpful.

trevor

Post by trevor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Thanks Stewart,

Does anybody have a sample of this seal that I could use?

Trevor

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:56 pm

I knew you were going to ask that! Sorry I've not got anything you could use as a sample but I'm sure someone should be able to help. If all else fails contact Peter and tell what it is for, the seal between the bodywork and the windscreen frame, as he may have already made some in the past and might already have the die made.