Carpets for a P2 Ten saloon

egil

Carpets for a P2 Ten saloon

Post by egil » Fri May 19, 2023 7:41 pm

The carpets on my P2 1946 model are some clearly very unoriginal contraptions that seem out of place in a car, and since it seems Coverdale has patterns for the P2 Ten saloon, I thought I'd give them a try. However, it turns out they have two different patterns:
A647 is said to be for the P2 10 6 Light 1939 to 1947. It does not have separate pieces for the floor ahead of the front seats, it is one big piece in front, plus the side pieces where the vents are. It has material to cover the sills (a bit unclear if it is carpet or PVC here). It does not appear to have any material for the vertical section below the rear bench. The rear transmission tunnel has two pieces, split at the handbrake.
Pattern A819 is said to be for the 1947 P2 10 saloon, and has seperate mats for the footwells in front, and also seem to have a carpet section to cover the vertical section below the rear bench. It has no material for the sills, as far as I can see. The transmission tunnel is covered by one piece, with a hole for the handbrake in the middle.
The cuts and sewing around the gear lever is quite different also, not sure what the final effect will be.
Any advice or experience would be highly appreciated. And what is the original finish for the sills?

luli

Re: Carpets for a P2 Ten saloon

Post by luli » Fri May 19, 2023 10:47 pm

This, and the next posts, may give you a clue. All was done after a lot of research and based on what was left from the original carpets.

https://lulis.org/2013/03/22/26-453-%d7 ... %a4%d7%95/
Rover 10 1946 RHD
Rover 10 1947 LHD
Rover 12 1947 tourer LHD
http://lulisml.wordpress.com/

egil

Re: Carpets for a P2 Ten saloon

Post by egil » Sat May 20, 2023 2:16 pm

Thanks a lot. My conclusion is that the second alternative, which has separate floor mats in front would be the best choice, and that I should get some extra carpet material to cover the sills and so on.
I am browsing through your notes (with the help of Google Translate) and it really provides a most valuable source of information about pretty much everything. I am sure I will revisit it many times in the future.