Streamline wings

Like a good wine, vintage Rovers need appreciating
Dirkco

Streamline wings

Post by Dirkco » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:26 am

Hello All,

I am looking at the wings on my Streamline which are in pretty tough shape I was wondering if someone knows if P2 rear wings might be the same? Also does anyone know if the fronts are unique to this model or would other models like perhaps an early 10 or 12 be the same?

Thanks
Dirk in the states

p2roverman

Re: Streamline wings

Post by p2roverman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:09 am

Dirk
While originally slighly different front wings were fitted depending on year, Rover later standardised 01359 & 01360 for the whole P1 range (except the 1937/8 10hp.) There are differences - some wings taper in to join the running boards, others are staight.
Cant yet help on back wings.. Agree they look similar to P2 wings, but have not yet closely compared.
Mike Evans

Dirkco

Post by Dirkco » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:02 am

Hi Mike,
I have been waiting for a reply for some time thanks!

Glad to have you on the forum!!! I now know I can throw a few hard questions on the forum.

How are the Stags?

Hope you are well
Dirk

p2roverman

Post by p2roverman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi Dirk
Unfortunately I very rarely check the forum, I've met you several times both here and in the US since you posted this!
Always email me directly and I'll try to answer any query.
Which reminds me, is there anything outstanding - info, or anything else - which I may have forgotten?
Mike

p2roverman

Post by p2roverman » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Dirk
Just taken some stuff for grit blasting including three of the streamline rear wings. While they look like standarrd P2 rear wings the construction is different. On P2 wings the edge of the raised 1/2" edge strip is swaged around a wire stiffener. The edge of the streamline wing is just folded under 90 degrees leaving about a 1/8" lip. Spot-welded to this lip is a separate length of steel about in inch wide, itself having its inner edge swaged over a stiffening wire. The front and rear end of this steel piece taper in towards the wing and are gas welded on, the rear end also gas welded to a strut which extends as a chord across to the very rear corner of the wing where it ataches to the body.

All difficult to explain, I should have taken some photos while dismantling but was not expecting such complexities.

I have some other info to impart but this is best left to private email

Mike